Sustainable libraries : fashion or necessity?
Is part ofJLIS : Italian Journal of Library, Archives and Information Science = Rivista italiana di biblioteconomia, archivistica e scienza dell'informazione : 10, 1, 2019
- The article concerns a new libraries development strategy, which means taking account of the sustainable development concept in which the main emphasis is put on minimizing the negative influence on the natural environment, social and intergeneration justice. This organization activity concept plays more and more essential role nowadays, when there is growing natural environment devastation, social and economic anxiety and social stratification. The libraries have been interested in the idea of sustainable development since the 1990s. In the article, the sustainable library idea was presented as well as some selected examples of sustainable libraries, the appropriate tools for measuring these types of institutions and the prospects of their development. [Publisher's text]
- Sustainable development, Sustainable libraries, Green libraries, Sustainable Development Goals
In this issue
- Digital preservation in Italy : reflections on models, criteria and solutions
- Conservation horizons : the three ages of archive and the role of conservation systems
- Accounting and the management of internal interdependencies : 14th century archival sources from the Comune of Siena
- International perspective and national reality in the Principi di Catalogazione e regole italiane di Diego Maltese
- The Open Access Book and the evolution of the OA.
- Semantic alignment in museums, archives and libraries : the ontologies for describing relationships
- Sustainable libraries : fashion or necessity?
- Roles and Proficiency of Systems Librarians as Managers of Library Systems in Academic Libraries in Nigeria
- Storage, enhancement and preservation of doctoral dissertations in the experience Magazzini digitali : a contribution to research and access
- Conservation libraries & Data Curation : from Custos catalogi to Digital Librarian : the case of Ambrosian Library
- OPERAS : bringing the long tail of Social Sciences and Humanities into Open Science
- The Swiss library context between innovation and tradition : the Swiss National Library and the Münstergasse Library of Bern
- International Research Conference "What happened in the library? Cosa è successo in biblioteca? Readers and libraries from historical investigations to current issues. Lettori e biblioteche tra indagine storica e problemi attuali" (Sapienza University of Rome, 27-28th September 2018)