OPERAS : bringing the long tail of Social Sciences and Humanities into Open Science
Código DOI: 10.4403/jlis.it-12523
Forma parte deJLIS : Italian Journal of Library, Archives and Information Science = Rivista italiana di biblioteconomia, archivistica e scienza dell'informazione : 10, 1, 2019
- "The paper will present OPERAS, a comprehensive infrastructure aimed at providing a pan-European infrastructure to rethink and reshape publishing, discovery and dissemination addressing the specificity and the critical issues of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH).The paper will try to set the scene examining the status of scholarly communication, the developments of Open Access and Open Science, and the specific demands for SSH. A second part will outline how OPERAS meets these needs, taking care of all the steps of the scholarly communication cycle. OPERAS unique approach is to unite researchers, libraries and publishers in a common effort, in order to take back control over scholarly communication.
- Not merging nor replacing, but nurturing existing realities, OPERAS provides innovative services to bring SSH into Open Science. OPERAS is designed to elaborate effective and scalable long-term strategies for the future development of the digital infrastructure and community building needed to innovate scholarly communication in the SSH. OPERAS pervading idea of science as communication holds an immense potential for an inspiring model of Open Science with direct societal impact, based on continuous communication. [Publisher's text]
- Open Science, Open Access, Publishing, Social Sciences and Humanities
En el mismo archivo
- Digital preservation in Italy : reflections on models, criteria and solutions
- Conservation horizons : the three ages of archive and the role of conservation systems
- Accounting and the management of internal interdependencies : 14th century archival sources from the Comune of Siena
- International perspective and national reality in the Principi di Catalogazione e regole italiane di Diego Maltese
- The Open Access Book and the evolution of the OA.
- Semantic alignment in museums, archives and libraries : the ontologies for describing relationships
- Sustainable libraries : fashion or necessity?
- Roles and Proficiency of Systems Librarians as Managers of Library Systems in Academic Libraries in Nigeria
- Storage, enhancement and preservation of doctoral dissertations in the experience Magazzini digitali : a contribution to research and access
- Conservation libraries & Data Curation : from Custos catalogi to Digital Librarian : the case of Ambrosian Library
- OPERAS : bringing the long tail of Social Sciences and Humanities into Open Science
- The Swiss library context between innovation and tradition : the Swiss National Library and the Münstergasse Library of Bern
- International Research Conference "What happened in the library? Cosa è successo in biblioteca? Readers and libraries from historical investigations to current issues. Lettori e biblioteche tra indagine storica e problemi attuali" (Sapienza University of Rome, 27-28th September 2018)